Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, April 18, 2014

Blog Design for the 'Computer Dummy'

Hey-Howdy-Hey!!

Well, it look me a little over a month to re-design my blog 
but I am so happy to say that I think it is finally done!


After several hours (and I mean several) of google-ing, pinteres-ting, stalking, and who-knows-what-else, I was able to find multiple tutorials and several blogs to study and try to re-create what I had envisioned in my head. I think it's fair to share some of my tips and tricks with you all, don't you think? :]

..it's after 11pm and I've been designing and editing for close to five hours.. 
that's the best design I can come up with right now.. forgive me

1. First of all, let me give a HUGE shout out and Thank you to my two biggest blog inspirations, Ashley Z. over at From A to Z, and Brooklyn over at A Little Too Jolley! I was constantly tweeting them for help and advice and they were always more than willing to help a girl out. Thank you ladies!! xoxo

2. Google Web Fonts is a life saver, let me tell ya..

3.  This was the best tutorial, in my opinion, on how to change your post title font. I didn't even know that TCBOTB did tutorials!! How cool, right?? I repeated the same steps in any other areas that I wanted the fonts to change as well 

4. I finally joined the signature-on-your-posts bandwagon after finding this little beauty. I have to say...my wittle Simba-signature is oh so cute ;]

5. For some clickable social media icons, I found this baby too! 

Can I also just emphasize that I have zero knowledge of photoshop? Everything that I 'created', I did using Notepad, Paint, Microsoft Word, PicMonkey, Google, Google Images, and Pinterest. So for those of you out there who think you have to know photoshop or HTML like the back of your hand, trust me when I say that you don't have to know a single thing about any of that. I'm pretty proud of myself right now..so yes, I'm going to brag about it  for a little while..don't judge me.. 

Please feel free to ask me questions! I probably won't remember everything that I did 100% but I am happy to work with you step-by-step if you need it!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment