Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

Nala's First Easter
We had a pretty fun Easter :]

I love waking up on holidays with Nala this year because they are all her first ones with us. Some people may think it's dumb to be excited about celebrating holidays with your animals, but she is literally our fur-baby and she responds to anything we say to her (whether it's with her body language or Jayson and I talk with her 'Nala Voice' for her).

We woke up early that morning and got ready for church. We decided that since it was super hot outside that we would take our primary class outside for a picnic! We brought them easter candy and some crackers and sat under the bridge for our lesson (for those of you who haven't been to the TO Stake Center, it's two stories and 4 parking levels, so there is a bridge that connects from the second story of the building to the third parking level).

They kids were a bit crazy, but with good reason! We were eating chocolate and going on a field trip outside for class! What's not to love?

We talked with the kids about the atonement, and how blessed we are because Christ suffered, died, and was resurrected. There may or may not have been an end-of-class argument between the kids on if the Easter Bunny is real or not. Thankfully they all understood and knew that even though the Easter Bunny is great and fun it's not what Easter is really about.

After church we went to Jayson's parents for Easter Dinner. Soon after that we went to my aunt's house for 'Second Dinner' as Jayson and I call it (bonus points if you know what movie we are referencing!). It was fun to meet my cousin's boyfriend, Luc :] He's a good guy and had better treat her right if he knows what's good for him!!! Hah, but I have no worries about him. We ended the night with my family watching Frozen and my Granny gave me a foot massage like she used to do when I was little. I miss watching Disney movies with my family. It's been a long time since we all watched one together.

~ ~ ~

Easter is not about the Easter Bunny. It's not about having a fancy or special breakfast/brunch/dinner/etc. It's not about candy, or easter eggs, or watching It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, or getting money or gifts, or painting eggs, or stuffing your face with desserts. I never knew the true meaning of Easter until about six years ago, and I'm really sad that I didn't learn about it until I was sixteen.

Our brother and Savior, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for every single one of us. Yes, you that feels inadequate, you that feels less than worthy, you whose struggling physically, mentally, or emotionally. You that feels that there is no way to correct anything you've done in your past. He died for all of us. He was then resurrected three days later- just like we will one day be resurrected after we die as well. “As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” -1 Corinthians 15:22


I am here on this earth, as are you.
 I have the freedoms that I do. 
I can worship as I please
I know that I am a Daughter of God
He died so I can be forgiven
I could be sealed in the temple
I have an eternal family
I have husband who is a worthy Priesthood holder
I have a job with a family that I love more than anything
I have a family I've always wanted
I am always worth more than I sometimes may feel

I am everything I could ever hope to be and more

No comments:

Post a Comment