Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The House of the Lord


Tonight, I had a meeting for work at one of our locations downtown. I had left a few minutes early for a number of reasons:
  1. I wanted to get a good parking spot because our parking lots at our preschools aren't very large..
  2. I have never been to this location, let alone driving downtown (Jayson has always been the one to drive), so I wanted to give myself extra time in case I got lost
  3. If you're early to a meeting then our director picks your name out of a hat and you get a special treat
  4. I hate being late to anything
  5. I really, really, REALLY, wanted to see the temple..

I still am disappointed in myself that this month marks 5 months of living in Salt Lake City, and I have yet to actually visit Temple Square and walk the grounds. I'm more frustrated at this because when I visited over the summer for nine days, I was able to make a trip down when I was staying with a friend in Tooele, but now that I live a grand total of 10 minutes away I have not been able to visit!! Ugh.. that's frustrating. But then again, when we first moved here, I was working in a restaurant every day from 10:00am until 9:00pm, sharing one car with Jayson, got in a car accident in January, had to ride the bus for a month, finally bought a car at the end of February, and now am just working around both mine and Jayson's busy work schedules. So technically, I've only really had about a month of a sane schedule to even consider making a trip to Temple Square.

... I'm going before the end of this month. I'm making it my goal.

Anyway, back to why I had mentioned my meeting at work. Well, I knew I had this meeting tonight and I knew that it was at our location on North R. Street, which was off of South Temple Street, so I made it a point to drive past the temple, even thought I wouldn't have time to walk around. It amazes me how much peace I feel just from the sight of any temple. I guess I'm more stoked about the temples here in Utah cause the only temple I have ever seen besides the ones here is the Los Angeles Temple. Don't get me wrong, the L.A. temple isabsolutely BEAUTIFUL, but I live in a new state now...so I have to check out the temples here and enjoy being so close to so many before we one day move back to Southern California.

I just feel so blessed to live so close to so many temples. It's mind blowing that I can see two of them from the freeway on my way to work, TWO! The Los Angeles Temple was at least a 45 minute drive away from where I used to live back in California (and hour and fifteen minutes away if you got stuck in traffic on the 405 freeway)

Within a 45minute to a 1 hour drive, I can see:
  1. Mt. Timpanogos Temple
  2. Draper Temple
  3. Oquirrh Mountain Temple
  4. Jordan River Temple
  5. Salt Lake City Temple
  6. Bountiful Temple
Since I have lived in Utah, I have seen:
(either driven by or walked the grounds)
  1. Provo Temple
  2. Mt. Timpanogos Temple
  3. Oquirrh Mountain Temple
    Jordan River Temple
  4. Salt Lake City Temple
  5. Bountiful Temple
  6. St. George Temple

    ...I plan on getting more up close and personal with all of those temples.












2 comments:

  1. So cute Ash! :) The temples really are amazing and I hope you get to experience something special with each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleyyyyyyy come with me one day :)

    ReplyDelete