Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'd rather be in Disneyland...



Story. of. my life...

It's April (well, tomorrow it will be). My birthday isn't even until August. That's still like.. 4 months to they date (tomorrow) away. But ever since I was little...and little as I can remember.. I go through what I call a "Disney Process" before my birthday.

  1. Remember 1 Saturday Morning on Disney Channel back in the 90's?
    Every Saturday, I would watch that.
    Every. Single. Saturday.

  2. Remember those Disney Sing-A-Long VHS tapes?
    I had the one called Disneyland Fun.
    I watched it over, and over, and over, and over
    every day until my birthday
    starting in....March

  3. Every time my mom walked by, I would ask her how many days were left until my birthday.
    Then I would tell my brother and all my friends that I was going to Disneyland in ___days.

  4. Did you ever have the Disney Classic CDs?
    I listened to them when I packed for our trip.
    I listened to them everywhere.
    I even forced my dad to play it in the car on the drive down

  5. I would pack everything I could into this tiny red suitcase......in June.
    And then I would put it in my moms car so I wouldn't forget to bring it.

  6. We used to leave for Disneyland and four or five in the morning
    (it was only an hour and a half drive, but we wanted to beat LA traffic on the 405)
    Mom and Dad always said that if we didn't sleep, we wouldn't go into the park till after we checked into our hotel....but do you really think I slept?
    Of course not... I held the blanket in front of my face and quietly sang along to the disneymusic

  7. Erik and I played a game...
    a game I continue to play with Jayson when we go
    See who can find a Disneyland billboard, Disneyland sign, the Matterhorn, or any attraction in California Adventure from the freeway first.

  8. I always win that game.

  9. Get to the Disneyland Parking Structure right when it opens- 6:30am

  10. Be first in line when the gates open
Let the Memories Begin

Like I said, it is now April. And alllllll I have been doing is adding pin after pin after pin to my Disney Board on Pinterest, and I've been absolutely hooked on this Tumblr I found.

Click here to see why:
(sorry.. I couldn't find the beginning....)

I YouTube that Disneyland Fun Sing-A-Long video I mentioned earlier, as well as Fantasmic and World of Color and any other Disneyland junk I can find. I've never seen the Fantasmic from Walt Disney World... maybe I'll search that today....

Birthday Must- Do's for Disneyland
(and I mean that literally, because I do it every year)
  1. Get as close to the Disneyland gate as possible

  2. Skip down Main Street, USA

  3. Stand on the Golden Spot in the Center of Disneyland
    (do you know where it is?)

  4. Sing a long on all the rides

  5. Eat Pineapple Dole Whip

  6. Be the last one to leave the park
    ...and throw a 'mature' tantrum when you have to leave

  7. Watch the last showing of Fantasmic
    and dance to Mickey's opening dance

  8. Ride the Haunted Mansion at 9:10am,
    that way when you enter the ballroom, you blow out the candles on the cake at 9:15
    (because that's what time I was born)

  9. Watch the Fireworks from our hotel balcony

  10. Ride every single ride
    every. single. ride.


Things that were Tradition when I was younger
(but stopped when I was 16, because I started going with my husband...and they're expensive things...)
  1. Stay at the Disneyland Hotel

  2. Eat breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen
    (and one year, Goofy asked me to marry him)

  3. Eat at Club 33
    (be jealous kids...)


    ......can we leave yet?!

2 comments:

  1. I FREAKIN LOVE THIS!!!! When I get married, we are so going on vacation with our husbands to Disneyland. I'm sorry...you can disagree..but I am sure you won't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how could i disagree to that?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete